What is Crystal Reports Server?
Crystal Reports Server is an end-to-end reporting solution that enables you to create, manage, and deliver Crystal reports over the web. It is built on the proven Business Intelligence platform, BusinessObjects Enterprise. It includes a report publisher and a web portal interface which is used to view reports. It also includes a Software Developer Kit (SDK) that enables you to customize Crystal Reports Server and integrate it with other custom applications.
Crystal Reports Server can be installed on a single machine for up to 20 end users. These users can concurrently access, view, and interact with reports on the web without installing Crystal Reports on their respective machines. It enables you to store reports in a central database to ensure data security and data integrity. Users can access the reports by using the web portal.
Using Crystal Reports Server, you can set up security to control access to specific folders and reports. You can also specify the rights for users or groups.
1. Disable Firewall
1) Click Start button and shoot on Control Panel menu
2) Click on Windows Firewall icon
3) Click on “Turn Windows Firewall on or off”
4) Ok. Already turned it off. Good job.
2. MySQL Installation
1) Download both files from this link: [ link ]
2) Copy it out and paste into C:\Windows\System32\libmysql.dll
3) After that, proceed with MySQL installation as usual. Click twice on the package file.
4) MySQL welcome page. Click Next to continue.
5) Choose “I accept the terms in the license agreement”
6) Choose the setup type and click Next button.
7) Click on Install button to proceed.
8) Installing MySQL Server 5.1
9) Click Finish to exit the wizard.
10) MySQL Server Instance Configuration Wizard will be displayed. Click Next button.
11) Configure the MySQL Server 5.1 server instance.
12) Select the server type and click Next button.
13) Select the database usage.
14) Just use the default setting. Click Next to continue.
15) Set the approximate number of concurrent connections to the server.
16) Set the networking options.
17) Select the default character set.
18) Set the Windows options.
19) Set the security options.
20) Processing configuration screen will be displayed.
21) Click on Finish button to close wizard.
22) Login to the MySQL database server as superuser.
23) Create databases as stated below.
3. SAP Crystal Reports Server 2011 Installation
1) Double click on setup.exe package.
2) Choose a setup language.
3) Prerequisite check’s screen will be displayed. Click Next to proceed.
4) Installation wizard will be displayed. Click Next.
5) Choose “I accept the License Agreement”
6) Type your product key to proceed.
7) Choose language packs.
8) Choose install type.
9) Specify the destination folder.
10) Select existing database option.
11) Specify the database type to use for the CMS repository.
12) Specify the database type to use for the Auditing database.
13) Select a Java web application to install.
14) Select a version control system for version management.
15) Configure Server Intelligence Agent.
16) Enter a port number for the CMS.
17) Configure CMS account.
18) Configure CMS repository database.
19) Configure Auditing database.
20) Configure the application server.
21) Configure HTTP listening port.
22) Configure Subversion.
23) Configure SMD Agent.
24) Configure Introscope Integration.
25) Press the Next button to begin the installation.
26) Installing the package.
27) Click Next to complete your installation.
28) Yeah. Finally finished the installation. fuhh!
29) Login to the server.