ProcessMaker – with business processes governing more complex relationships and interacting with many different business systems, companies need an easy way to manage and improve their processes. Several factors make it difficult to manage these processes in human resources, finance, compliance, and other business functions.
- Paper-based processes and business system silos prevent information and approvals from passing across departments easily
- Limited IT (internal or outsourced) resources burdened by complex system installations that require too much time and trouble-shooting and by an ongoing assault of help desk requests.
- Difficult-to-define business problems. When different stakeholders have different views of a problem and the description and scope of the problem often changes, finding a solution through a traditional linear process may not be possible.
For workers in organizations that must process and manage a heavy workload of requests as part of their job, workflow software helps them handle those requests more efficiently and quickly.
- Improved communication and resolution of requests with and from other departments and customers. Web-based, form-driven processes and graphical drag-and-drop workflow maps automate processes and radically reduce paperwork, so business users can easily and quickly complete their tasks.
- IT staff can be used more efficiently. Simple deployment and development means that technology managers can quickly get the software up and running without spending a lot of time with complex and unreliable installations. Business managers can create and modify established workflows, so changes can be completed more quickly with minimal IT involvement.
- Continuous improvement of business processes. Designed for an adaptive approach, where technology and business managers work together to target problem processes for improvement in the larger stream of business activities. Workflows automated with ProcessMaker become consistent, repeatable, and measurable, so processes can be continuously refined and adapted to new conditions.